Peace Bridge

Peace Bridge

Straddling the Mtkvari river in Tbilisi, Georgia, is a new pedestrian bridge, courtesy of Italian architect  Michel de Lucchi and French lighting director Philippe Martinaud. The structure is composed of glass and iron connecting Old Tbilisi with the...

Read more: Peace Bridge

Catholic church named after Saint Virgin Mary

4 Abesadze St.

The church (Polish Roman-Catholic church) was built in the first half of the 19th century. When the architect Zaltsman in 1874 built another Polish Roman-Catholic church, the first one was called “old”, and the street, where it...

Read more: Catholic church named after Saint Virgin Mary

Metekhi church

Metekhi church (12th-13thcc) – cross cupola church, part of the Royal residential complex. Metekhi Castle was built in the fifth century according to the order of the King Vakhtang Gorgasali. In the 12th century Metekhi Castle was considered to be...

Read more: Metekhi church

Sioni Church

4 Sioni St.

 One of the famous memorials in the old city – Sioni Church in honour of Virgin Assumption or just Sioni. The primary construction is dated by the period of Vakhtang Gorgasali (446-499) and was completed in the...

Read more: Sioni Church

Kashueti church

Kashueti is in Rustaveli Avenue. The modern building of the church was built in 1910 by the architect Bielfeld. It’s the example of Georgian medieval architecture of the eleventh century. Before that there was the church of Saint George built...

Read more: Kashueti church

Norasheni

To the right of Jvaris-Mama there is an Armenian Church Norasheni. Norasheni means “newly built” in Armenian. The church was founded by Sadat in 1467. Further on the church was repeatedly restored in 1650, 1795, 1808 and 1875. Nowadays the...

Read more: Norasheni

The Narikala - Fortress

At the peak of Sololaki Range there are ruins of Narikala. Whenever you go around old Tbilisi – you can see it everywhere. The unique strategic position was taken into consideration by both local rulers and foreign conquerors, and both...

Read more: The Narikala - Fortress

Jvaris Mama

41 Kote Abkhazi St.

Jvaris Mama – this name comes from a Georgian church in Jerusalem. On this very place there was a small temple in the 5th century which was destroyed by Mongols invasion. The church was restored in...

Read more: Jvaris Mama

Mosque

32 botanikuri St.

Botanical Street with its narrow blind alleys and stepped yards is rather typical for a street going up a mountainous relief. At the turn of the street, in its middle part there is the only functioning mosque...

Read more: Mosque

The Synagogue

45/47 kote abkhazi St.

The synagogue was built at the end of the 19th century. The Georgian Synagogue is famous as Big Synagogue. It was established by the Jews from Akhaltsikhe, who settled in Tbilisi at the end of the...

Read more: The Synagogue